I want to try and combine the pixel-stretching method I've been looking at and combine it with stop-motion somehow. Unfortunately I can't find any animations on the internet that have used pixel-stretching in such a way so I've looked at stop-motions that have explored the concept of a 'line' in other ways. I might not end up using the pixel-stretching method at all, but its good to have the knowledge of how it works under my belt.

I have already explored stop motion a bit, I created a few short films over Christmas when researching the 100 brief.

Anyway...



This stop motion illustration was created by painting tiny segments on paper with black paint at a time and then going over it again in white paint using the same method (I think). I really like how most of it is created from one continous line. Its so simple yet so effective, the imagery and music is so soothing and reflecting.


"Streaming Gradient" by Jen Stark from Jen Stark on Vimeo.
This is a stop-motion by Jen Stark using only paper, not very environmentally friendly... but very creative nonetheless:

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home