100 Frames

My original idea was to create 100 videos consisting of 100 frames each. I researched a few methods that I was going to experiment with in order to achieve this such as stop-motion, image-morphing software, flash/hand-drawn animations etc. At the beginning of the Christmas holidays I began experimenting with these methods especially stop motion, but after a couple of days of this I soon realised what a drawn-out process it would be to produce 10 interesting videos, I could easily film 100 videos of cars going past and reduce it to 100 frames... but that would be pretty boring.
I did around 10 videos and then decided to focus on something else, but here are some examples of what I did achieve during that time:


Spongebob Stop Motion from Gareth Smith on Vimeo.



Death Cab Summer Skin Stop Motion from Gareth Smith on Vimeo.



To Be Or Not To Be from Gareth Smith on Vimeo.


I decided to instead focus on actual tangible frames, so I've taken 100 pictures of 100 frames, whether it be picture frames, bicycle frames or borders on signs. The work somehow has to translate to a book and I think that it would work a lot better visually, whereas it would probably not be as easy to translate a computer-based video to paper.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home