Final Video

Its finished at last!


Magic Shoelaces - Final Video from Gareth Smith on Vimeo.

I'm quite pleased with the final outcome. It wasn't easy and took hours and hours to complete but I think it was worth it.
I've made a few obvious changes since the last video I posted, the most obvious one being that its now finished, hopefully the narrative is easy to follow and the little twist at the end makes sense.
I think it worked, but I think its a lot harder to evaluate because I made the video.
A lot of people were saying that it was a bit too slow, so I bumped the speed up from 6 frames-per-second to 8 on most of the scenes that needed it and a lot more photos were taken on the later scenes so that the scenes are not too short.
Overall I've estimated there to be about 1100 photos, I've taken about probably about double that in the form of rejections.
It was also said that it got better towards the end of the film, so I re-shot and edited one of the earlier scenes to make the video of even quality.
The sound was also re-edited to flow better with the film.

Heres the makeshift contraptions I hung strings from inn order to do my puppateering:

I found a use for that odd plastic thing on my ceiling!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home